To The Wig Shop!
Earlier than and After.
The hair in a wig is generally made of plastic. Unless it is an expensive human hair wig, which I know nothing about because they’re too expensive for me to have. So presuming that you are poor like me, and dealing with a synthetic wig, regular outdated hair dye isn’t going to work. Being as it is designed for common outdated hair that’s not made from plastic. Here is what you need instead:
1. Acrylic ink. (Ink, not paint – that is necessary! Yow will discover this at your native craft retailer. Or on-line.)
2. A cup of rubbing alcohol. (You will discover this in your medication cabinet.)
3. A spray bottle. (The greenback store is your buddy.)
Among the inks include a dropper inside the highest. I used two brands: FW and Speedball. The FW had a dropper, the other didn’t. The dropper does make it easier to use, and you may want to select up some disposable pipettes if you don’t have the dropper. In any other case, simply rely in your greatest guesstimation. In case you have a dropper, the beneficial ratio of ink to alcohol is 8 full squeezes of ink for each cup of alcohol. Clearly this is not an actual science. Simply combine the ink and alcohol in the spray bottle until it seems to be the shade you want. You should use totally different colored inks to tweak the color. And testing it out on lock of your wig’s hair wouldn’t be a foul thought.
For my wig I used 3/four cup of alcohol and about 6-7 squeezes of ink, and i ended up with leftover ink mixture. However I used to be additionally turning an aqua wig blue, so I wasn’t fearful about complete protection, and there are some spots where the previous shade continues to be visible. The amount you will need really relies on how a lot hair it’s good to cover.
Please notice. You cannot dye a wig lighter. So for instance for those who started with a red wig you would not be in a position to turn it pink, and in case you started with a black wig you wouldn’t be ready to show it every other color. The coloration you will have beneath can affect the ultimate colour somewhat so for the purest shade you want to begin with a white wig. Blond will even take the coloration well, and medium colors like my blue wig on this submit will also take the shade but they are going to solely go darker. All the time begin with a lighter wig and dye darker.
After you’ve your mixture, set your wig up exterior. I used the ultra fancy methodology of putting a broomstick in a jug of water and propping the wig on the broomstick. This is not the best method if it is windy. Additionally it seemed like I had scalped a muppet and hung it up as a warning to other muppets. (Muppets should be saved of their place.) Once you get your wig propped up somewhere, one way or the other you can start spraying.
Make certain you are both someplace that overspray and runoff do not matter, or you could have one thing on the ground to catch the mess. It should make a multitude. The ink acquired throughout my palms, however for those who wash it instantly it would not really stain. (It does not stain Arms, for clothes there could be extra of an issue. Don’t wear your favourite white shirt.)
Let the wig dry. On cosplay.com they said one thing like eight hours, but I did extra like 2 with no problems. Rinse the wig out with water. Let it dry again. And brush it out. If you utilize plenty of ink you could should rinse and brush greater than as soon as to get the crinkliness out; but even before brushing, I used to be really proud of the texture and shine on mine. There was some minor stiffness earlier than brushing, but not a lot.
And there you go. A number of easy steps and also you too can have a hair shade not found anywhere in nature.
ETA: I’ve been getting quite a lot of questions within the feedback, so let me simply stress a pair issues.
1) You cannot how long does human hair weave last DYE A WIG LIGHTER WITH THIS Method. You’ll be able to only dye a darker shade than what you are starting with.
2) RIT dye doesn’t work higher than acrylic ink. There’s some data about it in the feedback the place I tested it out. And granted the standard of the wig I used was terrible, but it didn’t hold the coloration as nicely in any respect. Simply so you realize.
3) This is not a precise method. That is all based on guesstimation. If you wish to play round with the mixture or you want to strive one thing moreover a spray bottle that is positive. Simply try to test it out on slightly little bit of the wig first if you may. That’s your finest means to determine how it will work.
4) I am not AN Knowledgeable! I actually cannot inform you which ones colours you want to use to get a selected effect, and that i’ve never tried to do highlights or dye with two totally different colors or something advanced like that. While I believe a number of things are Attainable with this methodology, I have not examined most of them, so it’s really going to be up to you to play with the possibilities and use a little trial and error.
I do not thoughts attempting to answer any questions you’ve got, but I can not give you far more info than what’s on this post. Your greatest bet to search out out what’s possible and what you are able to do is simply to experiment.