Could be may be Cordless, Basic, Compound and Sliding Compound depending on what your requirement is. Compound miter saws are versatile tools for a workshop and are used to crosscut lumber. They are often rated and judged on basis of handling, durability and accuracy.
It is believed that sliding miter saw is essentially the most versatile amongst the compound saws. It might probably slide back in addition to forth and might cut wide stocks with small blades. This isn’t possible with the conventional saws. The pinnacle assembly of the miter saw tilts and rotates for better cutting. The head is attached on rail system that allows to slide in directions hence making the cutting capacity to 12 inches. So as to operate this saw, you will have to pull the blade towards yourself and slide it down at the edge of the cutting piece, then push it towards fence and complete the cutting.
For the compound miter saw to chop, it’s important to spin the blade and also the table as per the angle desired, lock the saw. The saw has a hold-down clamp to protect the work piece in place. Turn machine and lower blade on work piece to let the cut be made. They are known for being able to chop wood at length, they are called compound because they have the flexibility to tilt and cut in all directions, they’ll cut as well as level at same time.
Using miter saws, one can make: chairs, tables, bookshelves, decks, cutting baseboards, framing, and many other things.
There are a lot of Compound Miter Saws available in the market today:
1. Craftsman MiterMate, that is a ten inch miter saw and in keeping with miter saw reviews, this is a mix of convenience and precision. Even the brand new users can easily use it and the angle finder for locking the saw is acceptable so that you just get a precise cut each time. It also has telescoping extension and a laser that’s built-in. This one is the model 21226.
2. DeWalt DW715: This will cut 6.5 inches of a board and is precise, has a lock and a superb built. The built is suitable for professionals and homeowners. It comes with 3 years of warranty and good protection.
3. Makita LS1016L: This is a 10 inch model and does not take much space. The saw has four railings and with this, thick lumber might be cut without much effort.
4. Axial Glide from Bosch: This is a saw with a hard arm. The cutting is smooth and there is very less deflection of the blade. When it functions at 90 degrees, it can even crosscut at 4 by 14.
In lots of miter saw reviews, experts mention that these tools are essential and can be used for remodeling jobs as well as for home improvement. They’re accurate and can cut studs, baseboard, and rough lumber in addition to make small trims. The saw could be easily rotated and used to chop many angles. They are portable as well as accurate at the identical time. The users also like their power and speed capabilities. The users of this saw often stop using some other saw as this one may be very versatile.
There is a blade-size of each saw which helps find the dimensions of it. It can be of 7 inches diameter till 14 inches. There are some standard miter saws that are compound but have a head which is stationary, these are called chop saws and can make nice vertical cuts. As per your project and budget, you can select amongst quite a lot of saws. The larger ones are highly priced and also are higher on complexity and weight. A perfect miter saw should have good controls combined with nice performance. The lock should also be solid in order that the saw will be held in place very firmly.
Most of the compound saws fight with the stock blade quality and the dust collection attributes. The blade can be replaced with a high grade 80 teeth per inch blade and this leads to very clean cuts. There are dust bags attached with the saw which might manage the buildup of sawdust. These bags will not be useful and you will have to manage the saw-dust on your own. As compared to other saws, the miter saw will help make cuts at many angles. Cuts could be made to facilitate picture frames, window casings and door frames without much effort. The compound saws are likely to make cuts with one single pass, not demanding for much effort or manipulations.
In case you want to purchase a new Compound Saw, consider the next:
1. The scales must be properly marked and ought to be readable, digital scales are essentially the most precise.
2. The sliding action needs to be smooth. The time when you push blade, the saw should glide along. There needs to be very less blade deflection and the cut must be clean.
3. Blade guards must be protective and in motion, they shouldn’t come in way of accessibility or visibility.
4. Laser must be built-in and needs to be visible in front, in red color. These highlight the cutting path that’s followed by the saw.
5. Safety locking trigger ought to be available. It is a switch available on the handle of the saw that stops any accidental starting of the saw. The saw ought to be easy to run with both the hands.
Alignment needs to be checked when you are working with the compound saw and the standard of the blade is also an important part. The experts’ advice one should use a blade with higher teeth per inch. These teeth make the cut smoother and slower.
Miter saw reviews have proved that they are perfect for anyone on the lookout for perfect cutting but one should be cautious while using them for the primary time as there may be many functions that you’re not aware of.