Is too is too precious a commodity to waste tossing and turning to accommodate rollers. And days are too busy to spend hours in curlers waiting for them to dry. How, then, can we get healthy, luscious curls – without heat, and without wasting time?
The easiest solution to curl hair on the go – and look good while doing it – is to use decorative clips. These can be found almost everywhere, are inexpensive, and come in all shapes, sizes, styles, and colors. Some clips are decorated with “pearls”, some with rhinestones, some are plain. You can get colors to match your hair or your outfit. You can get plain clips and decorate them yourself – with glitter, fabric, small silk flowers.
In purchasing decorative clips, ensure:
1. the clip closes down all the way. Look at it sideways when it’s closed – do all the teeth mesh together, from front to back of the clip? That is important, because hair will fall out of the clip if only the tip of the clip closes properly.
2. to choose a variety of sizes. You will need big clips for soft curls, and smaller clips for tighter curls. Try the latest rage, the octopus. It is perfect for long, thick hair. Scunci makes them in all sizes.
3. Don’t confuse clips with barrettes. Barrettes generally won’t hold enough hair to create curls.
To use the decorative clips, wait until hair is 90% dry (this may happen naturally as you place on your makeup and do morning chores). Then roll up hair the best way you’ll when you were pincurling it – but use the clips instead. You’ll have to make use of fewer clips than you’ll pincurls, for aesthetic reasons. For example, you might pull your hair up right into a roll near the top of your head and secure it a clip. Make a second roll of the remaining hair, and secure it too. Just a few hours later – at work or if you exit that night – take the clips out, spritz with a light-hold hair spray, and your curls are big and lovely.
Note: In the event you do find your hair slipping out of a clip or an octopus, use bobby pins discreetly to maintain the clip in place.
A stand-by for many centuries. For those who do not like the way braids look on you, pin them up near the pinnacle, and add a store-bought pony tail to create a more updated look.
When hair is almost dry, make a pony tail and twist the hair around quite a lot of times before securing it at the underside. Your long hair will come out with pretty, natural-looking bed-head curls.
A pony tail, high on the head, with the underside ends tucked under and held with bobby pins, will yield a sleeker style. Your hair will probably be smooth and volumized, with a sophisticated look. To keep from getting a crease where the elastic was, use a scarf or ribbon (secured with bobby pins) to carry the pony tail in place.
is a classical style that leaves a curly head of hair when taken down.
A French twist…
will create curly hair, too, but will probably be fluffier and fewer symmetrical than curls from a bun.
Put hair up in close-to-the-head pincurls and don a fairly, wide-brimmed summer sun hat.
Air dry hair until it is the tiniest bit damp. Then add styling mouse and scrunch with hands until hair is dry. This method works best on short hair. You may get a casual, tousled look.
Giving the roots of your hair volume and body could make your whole hairstyle look good.
For short hair – use a robust-hold styling mousse toward the end of the air-dry time, and hold your head upside down, fluffing the hair with your fingers. Stand up and do not comb.
For medium to long hair – use a root hair spray. Spray either of two ways:
1. Flip your hair the wrong way up, and gently spray the roots. Wait just a few seconds for spray to dry before flipping your head back up.
2. Divide hair into sections – perhaps 4 to six sections, roughly depending on the length and thickness of your hair. Take one section at a time, hold the hair up, and spray the underside on the roots. Pincurl into place until the spray dries. Continue on to the next section. When letting hair loose, don’t comb – just use fingers to put hair in place.
For more ideas on healthy hair care, try http://www.MyMakeupMirror.com.
Many people must ease-up on the heat stylers, and let our hair get healthy again. And these methods are literally quicker and easier than blow drying!