I’ve Grow to be A Straight Hair Natural (with out Heat Harm!)
And that i prefer it!! That’s proper, I mentioned it. I’ve been natural for 15 years, massive chopped twice, and don’t have anything to prove. I love my pure curls. Nonetheless, right now, I love the convenience and ease of straight hair much more! And, sometimes, that’s really all there may be to it.
Anywho, with the arrival of the cooler and dryer air of autumn, it seemed timely for a straight hair submit. So I’m about to share why I began straightening my hair commonly and the way I have hair braid band managed to do so for the majority of the final yr without suffering heat harm (the latter of which at all times appears to be the mythical unicorn of the pure world ;)).
Anywho, I began straightening my hair around the 5th month of my pregnancy final 12 months. After i realized that I could get at least 4 weeks out of straightened hair (typically 6), it was a no brainer given my growing ungainliness and fatigue. Once i had Wyntr in January, it again made sense as taking care of a newborn is 2 full-time jobs and i needed to give up my half-time (i.e. my hair on wash day). Then, as I used to be developing on three months publish-partum, I decided to straighten as a preemptive transfer to fight the threat of publish-partum shedding. I figured that it might allow me to comb my hair between wash days to be able to eliminate excessive shedding, making detangling simpler once i did get around to washing it.
That’s the why. Following is the how. However first, two caveats. Primary: I do not care about having perfect hair 24/7. I don’t intention for bone straight hair and i live in a bun 99% of the time (Hi there!! Eight month previous!!). So, in case you are on the lookout for advice on maintaining your natural hair straight and “laid” with out heat harm … ummm … this is probably not for you. Quantity two: I don’t have scalp issues, so I can easily go four weeks between wash days with out extreme scalp build up/flakes.
Prepare & PROTECT, Course of, PRESERVE
Following are the steps I take and my products of alternative. I don’t straighten my hair any extra usually than as soon as each four weeks and if I can stretch it longer, I do.
Put together & PROTECT:
– Pre-poo to moisturize (virgin coconut oil mixed with Aubrey Organics GPB and/or Honeysuckle Rose)
– Make clear to begin with a clean base (Kinky Curly Come Clear Shampoo)
– Protein deal with to strengthen (Sally’s GVP Joico Okay-Pak)
– Deep Situation to moisturize (Sally’s GVP Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm)
– Apply a go away-in* conditioner (small amount of Kinky Curly Knot At present mixed with aloe vera juice)
– Apply a heat Protectant* (Natural Essences Tea-Lightfully Clear Blow Dry Prep Mist)
*Word: I’ve found that it’s crucial to make use of a go away-in and heat protectant which are mild and don’t go away my hair tacky. This allows my hair to glide/move once straighten and reduces the amount of lint and dust that it attracts.
Select one or the opposite (this controls the amount of heat used on the hair):
1. Blow-out barely damp hair OR
2. Air dry hair stretched (in 2-4 braids) and flat-iron (usually dry someday and flat-iron the next.
Use a high quality tool (Conair Infiniti Pro 3 in 1 Styler with double comb attachment)
Use a top quality device with temperature management (BaByliss Nano Titanium Professional)
Use lower temperatures (280-320º max)
Take small 1″ sections
Gently comb part nicely using a medium to fine tooth comb
Two to a few passes of the flat-iron on each section max
-Seal/Shine (Shea Moisture Uncooked Shea Reconstructor Elixir and/or Sally’s GVP Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum)
– By no means re-apply heat between washes (that’s a surefire way to trigger heat harm).
– Use heat free styling strategies between wash days: braids, buns, rollersets, curlformers, flexirods, pin curls, and so on.
– Bun, braid, pineapple, or pin-curl hair at night.
– Use a satin bonnet or scarf and sleep on a satin pillowcase.
– Use an edge control paste/gel (Ampro Protein Gel blended with moisturizer – IKR Who knew !; Curls Blueberry Bliss)
– Use a terry-lined shower cap.
– Neglect the umbrella for the rain, use a raincoat with drawstring hood.
– Apply a gentle moisturizer that doesn’t trigger reversion, as wanted (Wonder Curl Get Slick Hair Smoothie; Carol’s Daughter Wholesome Hair Butter).**
– Apply a mild oil as needed to seal moisture/add shine (Shea Moisture Uncooked Shea Reconstructor Elixir and/or Sally’s GVP Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum).**
– Oil scalp, as needed (Wild Development Hair Oil).*
– Train with hair bunned and use an open-ended wig cap below a sweatband. (I’ll admit, I haven’t labored out with any sort of consistency since the baby and my work-outs have been average in depth. But, thus far, this has worked for me.)
**Notice: Once more, it’s important to make use of a light moisturizer and oil for maintenance to keep away from tacky hair that attracts lint and dust. By reducing the amount of dirt the hair attracts, straight hair will be maintained for longer.
Finally, I do take a break between straight cycles typically with a stretched braid-out, twist-out, and even a WnG once! I also henna or henna gloss once i can. And those are my tips! Hope they help!
(p.s. My hair is the longest that it’s ever been and the fullest it’s been in a very long time following this regimen.)
Are you a straight-hair pure What are your tips of the trade
For those who have any inquiries relating to where and also the best way to make use of human hair extensions, you’ll be able to e-mail us at our website.
hair braid band