My Deep Therapy Routine For Coily Hair, Protecting Types
Utilizing a deep remedy previous to getting box braids, weaves, and other protecting kinds put in is imperative for women with naturally curly and textured hair.
Earlier than my obsession with field braids, I was an avid Bantu Knot wearer. I love the way in which they give the impression of being. They also stored my head cool in the summertime. During that time of knotty put on, I wouldn’t apply a deep remedy to my Kind four coils unless they were tremendous dry. A depart-in conditioner would be enough.
With a quickness, I realized that this arms-off methodology will not be adequate for box braids. In reality, I had to take down my purple braids earlier than I wished to. This was as a result of I did not apply a deep treatment to my detangle and prime my horrible lace front wigs curls the night time before I acquired the braids put in… amongst different issues (*ahem* satin pillowcases are price going to the store for).
Alright… nicely, lesson discovered!
If in case you have been sporting protective styles however skimping on the deep therapy before installation, take heed the words I say! And since we are all curl friends right here, please inform me how you prime your curls prior to getting protecting types within the comments below or @gerilynhayes.
As listed under, the next are my deep remedy product recommendations for coily hair previous to getting protecting kinds. The merchandise I have chosen prime my coily hair for styling and lengthy-lasting field braid put on:
– Water is a curl’s best friend: Curly Hair Solutions H2O Water Bottle – If you haven’t gotten a hold of this spray bottle already, stop what you are doing and put it in your on-line cart right now. This is arms down the best misting spray bottle available on the market. To dampen my curls, I merely pump the water roughly 6 occasions in a sweeping motion. Then, I move to the subsequent step:
– Cleanse these curls: Femme Noire Dirty Curl Cleansing & Conditioning Clay – Who can resist the scent of chocolate Who can resist a chocolatey cleansing and conditioning clay for curly hair I didn’t think so! If you’re a fan of thick, wealthy clays that hydrate curls, you are in for quite a deal with! Gently squeezing this clay into my hair, from ends to root, I was able to rid my scalp of debris whereas moisturizing my curls at the same time. I even left the clay on my curls for about 3 minutes before rinsing out.
– Let’s get deep: SheaMoisture Mongongo & Hemp Seed Oils High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque – Now for the suggestion you’ve been ready for! You might effectively know that I’m a fan of this explicit masque, as I’ve written about it in the past. Although it’s not formulated like your typical deep treatment, its powerful substances are why I take advantage of it as such. Hemp seed oil is nature’s hair softener and strengthener. Sounds contradictory, but it is true! I like how soft my hair feels after its 30 minute remedy. After all, when covered with a shower cap your curls will reap probably the most benefit.
– Seal in moisture with oil: Kurlee Belle Kurlee Tropical Oils Mix – There are a handful of oils and blends that I consider irreplaceable. Kurlee Belle’s distinctive formulation is one in every of them. Along with it smelling like a fresh bouquet of flowers, it doesn’t really feel heavy on my curls. Since curls need slip for styling, I like to use this oil in sections in order that the person braiding my hair the subsequent day may have primed curls to work with.
– Keep your hair cuticles happy with a neutralizing depart-in: Design Necessities Almond & Avocado Detangling Leave-In Conditioner – You must simply know that I can be utilizing this go away-in for any given cause. It further enhances the softness of curls which have had a deep remedy utilized to them. It also helps to keep the hair cuticle flat to retain hydration.
The pre-set up deep treatment regimen that I created addresses my issues with protecting my curls moisturized whereas in a protecting type. It also helps me manage product build up that can result in an itchy scalp.
For extra ideas for protective style upkeep, observe me on Instagram horrible lace front wigs @gerilynhayes! Don’t have an IG account Let’s connect on Twitter@gerilynhayes!
horrible lace front wigs