My Blog Spot
If anyone has been following me for some time on any social media you will know I’m an enormous fan of fun coloured hair, it has been quite the method along the best way but I discovered it super fun going from my black box dye hair colour to my current reverse ombre pink to dark pink.
I have a very good band about 3/4 down in my hair that is permeant pink so I can only play with the purples, blues and pinks until it grows out but I am still having fun.
I wanted to share a pair tips of mine that I take advantage of to keep my colour lasting a little longer in between salon trips since it can be quite costly, especially when you are starting from the worst spot… box black dye!
These are terrible photos but I am not photogenic so here we go…
Just a few of the colour’s I’ve had 🙂
First things first, everything always depends on hair type/diet/the dye itself/how much effort you are willing to place into it and naturally since everything is a bit different for everyone so there may be some differences for others but this what I find is simple and mostly common sense.
As well I use Color Intensity | Joico Semi Permanent as my brand as I absolutely love their color selection, price and that their product is actually made to fade into beautiful colors so when you find yourself getting to the point you need your hair done it’s really only your roots that may not be looking so nice.
1- Wash as little as possible!
2- Wash with cold Water
3- No Clarifying Shampoo’s
4- Salon products
5- Use less heat styling
6- Vibrant color + too much sun = faded hair
1. No you won’t become the smelly girl with dirty hair that nobody wants to be around, but the less you wash the longer your color will last, I usually only use this method for the primary couple weeks because I actually enjoy my vibrant colors to go to the pastel without having to do anything in between since I heart my Joico products and the attractive way they fade.
While dry shampoo is still a must in my books, I’m able to use baby powder more once the color is lighter and i find it is somewhat better since alcohol in products isn’t good… I know I know everything has some in it that we or at least I use but it helps to modify it up a bit of.
2. YIKES! Cold water… honestly when it is -30’C here I’m just cringing as I HATE being so cold and the cold water in your head doesn’t feel nice but it really works! DO IT!!! 🙂
3. NO Clarifying shampoos!! Stay clear. While they’re very good to use especially in case you are one to make use of plenty of hair products, at the least attempt to limit your use if you are feeling you NEED this. I honestly maybe use one once a month and that’s after my color is more faded so it doesn’t effect too much or strip an excessive amount of color out.
4. Salon products are needed… I’m a huge drug store fan as I find so many great products which are my go to’s from there but with a pair things I’ll use my Salon brands. This can be whatever works best for you. I’m currently using Joico’s Color Endure Voilet Sulfate Free Shampoo since it helps keep my blonde from going brassy and in the event you do have purple hair and ran out of dye I’ve tried the little trick of putting this in your dry faded almost blonde hair and it actually does add a little bit purple back in in the event you let it sit for 10 minutes, clearly it isn’t ideal but a stylist mentioned it to me once so I gave it a try!
So I say use a salon shampoo you like, if in case you have reverse ombre like myself or full on bleached hair and need the purple shampoo use the one that works best for you. I switch between this one and Redkin’s Color Extend Shampoo.
This is a huge part of having colored hair (did I mention mine is super fine and straight ) I use Olaplaex like it’s lipgloss… I am a lipgloss addict btw! I’m lucky enough to have a stylist who may also help me out with giving me a Olaplex No.2 Treatment while I have bleach on my roots. It is AMAZING!!! I will do a post on it soon. It isn’t magic but if you use it regularly yo will notice your color lasts longer, softer hair, less breakage and just all around more shine! This product helps rebuild what the bleach has broken to my understanding. Again I’ll write up a post, it’s so worth using!
If you’re unable to lace front cap afford the No.2 treatment since they are pricy in salons, you’ll be able to purchase No.3 that you employ at home. It is not a hair masque but it will help repair damage. I take advantage of it a minimum of once per week and sleep with it in my hair, than shampoo and condition the following day and my gosh is my hair soft!!! Using Olaplex, my favourite deep conditioner, and a hair masque once in a while ( i also sleep in) has helped a lot with the damage to my hair from bleach in addition to keeping the color in.
5. Everyone knows heat styling is just bad. So try to use somewhat as possible even though I like my curled more when it is faded and the colours are just blending together so sometimes I’m bad and use my curling wand more often, can’t always be an angel right I try to blow dry my hair on cool to low heat. In case you are lucky to be able to air dry that is ideal!
6- lace front cap Summer sunny days, we love them but our hair hates it! I sadly live where the summer doesn’t seem to exist much so this doesn’t apply to me an excessive amount of but when I am on holiday’s I sometimes come home with some super faded hair which is disappointing sometimes. I don’t know anything.
lace front cap