You are going to you’re going to wear hair extensions, it will likely be crucial that you just care for them properly. If you don’t, it may possibly do damage to your scalp, your natural hair and the hair extensions. It may even cause them to wear out more quickly and not to look as nice. It is essential that you simply learn to care in your hair extensions.
Listed below are some recommendations on caring for them properly:
1. If you have any questions at the time your extensions are being put in, be sure you ask the professional who’s doing it.
2. If you go to bed at night, tie your hair in a loose ponytail to stop the extensions from getting tangled while you sleep.
3. Keep in mind that the bond of your extensions is the most vulnerable part so try to dry them first and punctiliously. Don’t towel-dry the hair. Instead, wrap all of it in a towel and blow dry with cool heat.
4. Use products that are specially-formulated and pH balanced for hair that is treated or hair extensions.
5. Remember to brush your hair through the bond; brush from root to tip, identical to you’ll without the bonds. It is important to brush to forestall matting.
6. Layer your extensions in for the most natural look. A blunt cut will make the extensions look unnatural if they’re longer than your natural hair.
7. Avoid regularly swimming in chlorinated pools and salty seawater. Also limit your exposure to saunas or steam rooms.
8. Hair extensions last just a few months before they need to be taken out and redone. Be certain you’ve gotten an expert do that as removing them can be more damaging than putting them in when not done correctly.
While extensions look great, they are also an expensive investment and they will take their toll on your scalp and your natural hair. If you already have a problem similar to thinning hair, this could become worse with extended wear of extensions. Some women can get a condition called traction alopecia that happens when the hair pulls out from the roots as a result of extensions. This could happen with rough wear, sleeping without tying them up or brushing too hard.
For this reason you need to make certain you take care of your extensions and also keep your hair and body as healthy as possible. Stay hydrated and eat a healthy, balanced diet with the intention to create a healthy scalp and natural hair that your extensions will bond to. All of it makes a difference and can keep your locks looking lovely.