I’ve Develop into A Straight Hair Natural (without Heat Harm!)
And that i prefer it!! That’s right, I said it. I’ve been natural for 15 years, large chopped twice, and have nothing to prove. I love my pure curls. Nevertheless, right now, I love the convenience and ease of straight hair a lot more! And, typically, that’s actually all there is to it.
Anywho, with the arrival of the cooler and dryer air of autumn, it seemed timely for a straight hair put up. So I’m about to share why I began straightening my hair regularly and how I’ve managed to take action for nearly all of the last yr with out suffering heat damage (the latter of which always appears to be the legendary unicorn of the natural world ;)).
Anywho, I started straightening my hair across the fifth month of my pregnancy final yr. Once i realized that I may get at the least 4 weeks out of straightened hair (sometimes 6), it was a no brainer given my rising ungainliness and fatigue. When i had Wyntr in January, it once more made sense as caring for a newborn is two full-time jobs and i needed to hand over my half-time (i.e. my hair on wash day). Then, as I was arising on three months submit-partum, I decided to straighten as a preemptive move to fight the risk of put up-partum shedding. I figured that it would enable me to comb my hair between wash days in order to eliminate extreme shedding, making detangling easier once i did get round to washing it.
That’s the why. Following is the how. But first, two caveats. Primary: I don’t care about having perfect hair 24/7. I don’t aim for bone straight hair and that i reside in a bun ninety nine% of the time (Whats up!! 8 month outdated!!). So, in case you are looking for advice on preserving your natural hair straight and “laid” with out heat harm … ummm … this will not be for you. Number two: I don’t have scalp issues, so I can simply go four weeks between wash days with out excessive scalp build up/flakes.
Put together & PROTECT, Course of, PRESERVE
Following are the steps I take and my products of alternative. I don’t straighten my hair any more often than once every four weeks and if I can stretch it longer, I do.
Put together & PROTECT:
– Pre-poo to moisturize (virgin coconut oil blended with Aubrey Organics GPB and/or Honeysuckle Rose)
– Make clear to start with a clean base (Kinky Curly Come Clear Shampoo)
– Protein deal with to strengthen (Sally’s GVP Joico K-Pak)
– Deep Situation to moisturize (Sally’s GVP Matrix what is showstopper Biolage Conditioning Balm)
– Apply a leave-in* conditioner (small amount of Kinky Curly Knot At this time mixed with aloe vera juice)
– Apply a heat Protectant* (Natural Essences Tea-Lightfully Clean Blow Dry Prep Mist)
*Observe: I’ve discovered that it’s very important to use a depart-in and heat protectant which can be mild and don’t depart my hair tacky. This enables my hair to glide/movement once straighten and reduces the quantity of lint and mud that it attracts.
Choose one or the other (this controls the quantity of heat used on the hair):
1. Blow-out barely damp hair OR
2. Air dry hair stretched (in 2-4 braids) and flat-iron (often dry sooner or later and flat-iron the next.
Use a top quality tool (Conair Infiniti Professional three in 1 Styler with double comb attachment)
Use a quality device with temperature management (BaByliss Nano Titanium Professional)
Use lower temperatures (280-320º max)
Take small 1″ sections
Gently comb part properly using a medium to effective tooth comb
Two to three passes of the flat-iron on every part max
-Seal/Shine (Shea Moisture Raw Shea Reconstructor Elixir and/or Sally’s GVP Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum)
– By no means re-apply heat between washes (that’s a surefire method to trigger heat injury).
– Use heat free styling techniques between wash days: braids, buns, rollersets, curlformers, flexirods, pin curls, etc.
– Bun, braid, pineapple, or pin-curl hair at evening.
– Use a satin bonnet or scarf and sleep on a satin pillowcase.
– Use an edge control paste/gel (Ampro Protein Gel combined with moisturizer – IKR Who knew !; Curls Blueberry Bliss)
– Use a terry-lined shower cap.
– Overlook the umbrella for the rain, use a raincoat with drawstring hood.
– Apply a light moisturizer that doesn’t trigger reversion, as wanted (Surprise Curl Get Slick Hair Smoothie; Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter).**
– Apply a mild oil as wanted to seal moisture/add shine (Shea Moisture Raw Shea Reconstructor Elixir and/or Sally’s GVP Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum).**
– Oil scalp, as needed (Wild Growth Hair Oil).*
– Train with hair bunned and use an open-ended wig cap under a sweatband. (I’ll admit, I haven’t worked out with any kind of consistency for the reason that baby and my work-outs have been average in depth. However, to this point, this has worked for me.)
**Observe: Once more, it will be important to use a light moisturizer and oil for maintenance to avoid tacky hair that attracts lint and mud. By lowering the amount of dirt the hair attracts, straight hair might be maintained for longer.
Finally, I do take a break between straight cycles generally with a stretched braid-out, twist-out, and even a WnG once! I also henna or henna gloss after i can. And people are my suggestions! Hope they assist!
(p.s. My hair is the longest that it’s ever been and the fullest it’s been in a very long time following this regimen.)
Are you a straight-hair pure What are your tips of the trade
Should you have any concerns regarding where and also how to utilize human hair extensions, you are able to e-mail us at our web site.
what is showstopper